You should know how much I love summer. There is a certain free spirit and energy in the air. The sandals are out. A chance to try something new and fun. Well it’s been months since I shared a nice letter. One reason is that I have been working….hard….on something new, bold and beautiful (see BIG announcement later on). So this time, let that be the theme for everything I am sharing today, starting with…
1) The Definition Of Hell For Each Myers-Briggs Personality Type – Let’s start with some FUN! This article was jaw-dropping perfect! Most of us know Myers-Briggs. Heck, I have been an ENFP ever since I first found out in 1994. Knowing all the other types, including my friends who fit each type, this really had me laughing.
2) The Disease of Being Busy – This is a long one, but a VERY important topic. We’re all busy, but we all can make time for things that are important.
3) Teacher Has Best Response For Inappropriate Question – A fantastic response by teacher and motivational speaker when someone asked him “What do you make?”
4) Fixed vs. Growth: The Two Basic Mindsets That Shape Our Lives – This is huge part of how I work with people. If you really get the Growth Mindset, you can apply it to anything, including why bold and audacious moves are better for your life.
5) THE Monday Morning Video. *Warning a little Cursing* – YES! BOOM! I meet so many people who don’t like Mondays, or celebrate Hump Days or thank God it’s Friday. Each time I say, “You are in the wrong leadership path, if you feel this way”. Gary Vee hits hard, but hits a knockout.
6) Generation X’s Parenting Problem – My kids are now 4 and 6 so I would be re-miss if I didn’t share a bold parenting post. This also resonates with me since I am Gen X and I know way too many of the references here.
AND NOW THE BIG ANNOUNCEMENT…
I mentioned in January I was working on something big. Well, it’s ready. It took me 6 months. But it’s ready. It’s bold, audacious and I am both excited and nervous. And it’s now ready.
If you have ever felt ‘lost’ personally or professionally, in your career, small business or academic path. If you want to live a purposeful life, yet you’re not sure how to best navigate and ramp things up. If you wish that someone could just ‘hold your hand’, show you what is possible and inspire you to ‘fly’ on your own. This is IT!
I took ALL the greatest content from the last 10 years of my work — in Authentic Networking, Deep Connection, Social Media, Personal Branding, Content Creation and Thought Leadership – and put it all into a comprehensive 12-week online platform. I’ve essentially put 12 of my signature keynotes/workshops into one big package, designed to help ramp your career, boost your business and take your leadership engagement to the mastery level.
Interested? Check it out HERE. My Special LAUNCH OFFER will not last long.
Have questions? Call/Email/Tweet me anytime. Know someone who could benefit from this? Please share with them.
WHAT’S NEXT AND MORE VALUE TO SHARE WITH YOU…
- DYPB – Discover Your Personal Brand conference Aug 14-15 – This conference is happening again for the 3rd year in Toronto. We are now the biggest North American conference dedicated solely to personal branding. 2 days, 450 delegate, 50+ experts, 6 keynotes, 7 panels and 8 workshops. Those of you in my network get 40% off with my personal code BOBBYUVIP40. Early bird tickets end July 7 so get them now and save a further 30%. Register HERE.
- Be Seen (Vulnerability) podcast – I recently was a featured guest for ‘Where There’s Smoke” and we talked about Vulnerability, one of my favourite topics. Check it out HERE.
- “How to Land Your First TEDx Talk ~ Free Webinar series – I recently started doing free webinars on a variety of topics to support leaders. This one that shows people how to get on the TEDx stage (since I’ve done 4 TEDx talks) was the most popular. So I am doing it again on July 7 at two different times. You can register for either the 11am slot or the 5pm slot, ET.
- #InspiredToPostIt and daily VIDEOS – One of my new initiative is to just share a daily thought on a post it note (on FB & Instagram here) and to share a video every day (via FB here) on something that inspired me. Let me know what you think of them?
- #FitInMyLife at Body Invest – As part of my health journey, I recently started working out at Body Invest, where they put you in a full bodied vest. This attached to a machine which uses EMS (Electro Muscular Stimulation) to enhance your workout with less impact on your body and joints. So far in 1 month, I have lost 9 lbs and 2% body fat. We’ve been working together to offer special trial sessions to anyone in Toronto that is interested. If you are, please just message me back and I can hook you up so that they can literally hook you up! You can learn more at their website. I’ve struggled lately with a bad back for 2 months now, but I am getting better.
- Power of Success Event, featuring Tony Robbins, Les Brown, Barbara De Angelis and Bob Proctor, Sept 16, 2015 — This event is coming to Toronto. If you like even ONE of those people mentioned (there are more speakers), I’ve been able to secure for you a limited number of advance tickets for $100 off – so only $97 for a general registration. Register through this link HERE.
On a brief personal update, my ‘Super Daddy Time’ has gone very well. I stopped teaching a night class and every day, my smartphone alarm goes off at 5:30 to focus on my purpose. I love spending every morning, evening and weekend with my family – Ananda, Nyal (6.5) & Ryah (4.5). Father’s day was incredibly fun, with oodles of notes, gifts and more. This summer we’re exploring a variety of camps with them – musical theatre, dance, science, gymnastics, French and adventure – to see where their passions lie. I can’t wait!
As always, I am here to support you on your leadership journey. However, I do hope you check out Networking Mastery, because I truly believe I can help folks build a huge thought leadership brand for themselves. In fact, you know how much I love getting a response from you. The first 50 people to respond will be entered in a draw to attend my Deep Dive Personal Branding workshop in September ($400 value). Let me know how else I can help you and I will. Reflect and engage with every incredible moment this summer, make a difference for yourselves and please invest in others.
Power of Connection Rule # 75: “The truth can warm uncertainty, melt doubt, and burn rumour”
“You don’t have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great” – Zig Ziglar